The primary objective of the United States Cavalry Association is to preserve the history and traditions of the U.S. Cavalry service. We accomplish this goal through publications, events, and preservation of artifacts, photographs and written materials associated with the cavalry. The U.S. Cavalry Association is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit educational organization.
In 1976 a group of Cavalrymen met to determine the status of efforts to preserve the history, traditions, artifacts, and literature of the U.S. Cavalry. The outcome of that meeting was the formation of The United States Cavalry Association.
Today the Association preserves the rich and colorful history of the cavalry through:
- The U.S. Cavalry Memorial Research Library at Fort Reno, Oklahoma. The literature, documents, photographs and artifacts in the library are available to the public to support historical research.
- Support for the U.S. Cavalry Association Museum, also at Fort Reno.
- Publication of the Cavalry Journal history magazine and Crossed Sabers member newsletter.
- Sale of books, videos, memorabilia, and apparel through the Sutler’s Store.
- The U.S. Cavalry Association website, a source of historical data, membership information, upcoming events, and access to the Sutler’s Store. Visit us at www.uscavalry.org.